PDA

View Full Version : QT based banshee equiv.

kevin11951
November 8th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Is there was a banshee/rhythmbox style program that looks nice in kde?

TwiceOver
November 8th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Isn't Amarok the default? Probably the best audio player I've seen in a long time.

kevin11951
November 8th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Isn't Amarok the default? Probably the best audio player I've seen in a long time.

I have never liked amarok, I prefer itunes style players... But i dont like songbird...

hoppipolla
November 8th, 2009, 08:45 PM
well that's pretty much your lot as far as I know. My two favourite players on Linux are Amarok and Banshee followed by Songbird and Exaile... but your only other choice native KDE as far as I'm aware is Juk.

Amarok 2.2 is pretty cool once you set it up a bit (I prefer it to Banshee) and you can also just about get Amarok 1.4 working too (which I also prefer to Banshee lol :))

Good luck man!

Xbehave
November 8th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Is there was a banshee/rhythmbox style program that looks nice in kde?
gtk apps should look fine in kde if you pick a qt like theme (or run qt4-gtk-engine (or w/e it's called))

I thought one of banshee/rythmbox was meant to be an amarok clone, personally i can see that 2.2 isn't perfect yet, but amarok is the best media player about.

lzfy
November 8th, 2009, 09:47 PM
There are some unknown apps on kde-apps.org and qt-apps.org. You can try them. Bangarang (http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Bangarang?content=113305) doesn't look bad.

SunnyRabbiera
November 8th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Just use banshee, it will work no matter the DE

gnomeuser
November 8th, 2009, 11:14 PM
The way Banshee is designed and implemented ensures that the frontend is merely a plugin that can be replaced. In fact the current Cubano implementation (Banshee's netbook UI) is around 2000 lines of code.

I presume thus that since all the library functionality is granted by the underlying Banshee technology one could swing into action using the Qyoto QT# bindings and write a simple KDE friendly frontend for it.