PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installer/package manager doesn't work (9.10)

usawrestler_9
November 8th, 2009, 08:21 PM
hey all,
I've recently installed 9.10 and after installing the updates and getting my computer set up I cant install anything, not from the software library or even flash. there is a red circle with a white line in it on my status bar and when I roll over it it says... An error occurred, please run package manager from the right-click menu or apt-get in a terminal to see what is wrong. the error message was: 'unknown error: '<type 'exceptions.systemerror'>' (E:the package adobe-flashplugin needs to be reinstalled, but i can't find and archive for it.)'this usually means that your installed packages have unmet dependencies

jacquez
November 9th, 2009, 03:42 AM
I am seeing this same problem. Any luck fixing it?

qianshiming
November 9th, 2009, 06:26 PM
me too!

michy99
November 9th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Make sure you have enabled the partner repositories.

usawrestler_9
November 9th, 2009, 10:41 PM
how do i do that?

michy99
November 9th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Go to System->Administration->Software Sources. Click on 'Other Software' tab. Make sure that these line are checked:
http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu karmic partner
http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu karmic partner (Source Code)Exit and try updating again.

usawrestler_9
November 10th, 2009, 01:40 AM
looks like that did the trick...thanks michy

GGU
November 11th, 2009, 10:29 PM
It does not work for me.
The update don't work ("canot remove flashplugin-nonfree" ) and ask me to do a reinstall it.
the reinstall is not possible using the Sympatic manager.
I tryed "sudo apt-get install --reinstall flashplugin-nonfree" but the answer is :
unsatisfied dependencies, try "apt-get -f install".

how can I cut this deadlock?

mac9416
November 12th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Hey, GGU,

Try these commands. They have worked for a lot of folks...

$ sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/adobe-flashplugin.prerm # Deletes a troublesome config file
$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure adobe-flashplugin --force # Force-reconfigures adobe-flashplugin
$ sudo dpkg --purge --force-all adobe-flashplugin # Force-removes adobe-flashplugin
$ sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree # Installs flashplayer the easy way

Good luck!

GGU
November 12th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Thank you Mac.

The adobe-flashplugin package was not installed but I try your commands on flashplugin-nonfree and it worked.