PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Evolution: missing icons from toolbar

terryscott
November 8th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Hi,

Installed kubuntu 09.10 onto a new partition, leaving my old 09.04 intact.
Used the same /tmp, /home and swap. Needed two attempts before I was able to logon properly. Added evolution from synaptic but missing the icons associated with moving on to next item, send, delete, folders, etc. Added ubuntu-desktop to see if that cured the problem. All ok when using gnome, except i've still got "trash" instead of "deleted items".

gunksta
November 9th, 2009, 04:59 AM
When you are in Kubuntu, I suspect you are using the Oxygen Icon theme. The icons for Evolution may not exist in the theme and the Oxygen icon-set probably doesn't have fall-back icons for these.

Try using the Human theme or another Gnome icon theme in KDE and restarting Evolution. I bet you will find that you have the icons.

As for a more permanent solution, you can try using a Gnome theme, but it may look a little weird in KDE. You could try to figure out what the name of the icons are in Evolution and symlink to them in the Oxygen theme set.

terryscott
November 10th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Hi gunksta,

Thanks for your response. I checked system settings, appearance, icons, the setting was Crystal SVG.
Had a play. Oxygen gave me all except the send/recieve. All showed under the other supplied themes.