PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Low mic volume

catch22
November 8th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Hi

When i first installed 9.10 on my mums acer aspire one all was fine, but now the mic volume on skype is really low, there is no longer an option to change the connector for input in the sound options (there is no connector option at all), tried alsamixer from the terminal and everything is at 100%, only one input source i-mic low sound tried changing to e-mic but got nothing but white noise.
Downloaded skype from mediubuntu and package from site but only have option to use pulse for mic.

Any help please mums is in OZ and missing talking to the grand children

Cheers

catch22
November 8th, 2009, 12:28 PM
anyone ???

Piscium
November 8th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I had a similar problem (or so it seems).

You can download with Synaptic the package gnome-alsamixer. After installation you will find it in Applications/Sound and Video. Call it and tick the box that says Mic Boost (+20 dB).

That solved the problem for me.

With Jaunty this application was somehow installed automatically, but not with Karmic.

xc3RnbFO8P
November 8th, 2009, 02:55 PM
When i first installed 9.10 on my mums acer aspire one all was fine, but now the mic volume on skype is really low
Do you dual boot (XP)?

catch22
November 9th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Do you dual boot (XP)?

No clean install, it was fine for a day, included an attachment of the sound prefs and the missing connector option

catch22
November 9th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I had a similar problem (or so it seems).

You can download with Synaptic the package gnome-alsamixer. After installation you will find it in Applications/Sound and Video. Call it and tick the box that says Mic Boost (+20 dB).

That solved the problem for me.

With Jaunty this application was somehow installed automatically, but not with Karmic.

Cheers mate that worked kind of had to change the input balance all the way to the right

batarce
December 27th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Sorry but I couldn't find that box