PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] MPD and MPoD Question.

KevDo
November 7th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I have installed MPD. I want to use my iPhone with MPoD to use as a "remote control" for the MPD server. I don't want the sound to come from the iPhone but I do want it to come from the PC with the MPD server. Basically just a remote control. The real reason I ask is I've got a Buffalo NAS server which I want to run MPD on and use a USB DAC to have audio into my amplifier and just use the iPhone as a remote to tell the server to play, etc.

Is that possible? or is MPoD just for playing music on the iPhone from the server? Or am I looknig for something like MPC for the iPhone?. Or should I be looking at other software?

(Plus I can't seem to connect vie MPoD. I've tried the eth0 address, the actual Internet address and even the username.)

---------

Got it all working as intended. Now just to get it working with the NAS drive when it comes.

pabs
December 13th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Good to hear you got it working. MPoD is my favorite iPhone app.

Thestreaming mode is the coolest. I can stream my entire music library to my iPhone. All my music wherever I go. Only catch is you have to compile MPD with LAME support and the Ubuntu repository package doesn't have that enabled.