PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Clonezilla restore to different partition

deepakdeshp
November 7th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Hi,
I have two multi boot systems with similar hardware. I want to restore the Ubuntu server installed on partition 5 in the first system to partition 3 in the second system. Clonexilla does not offer me option to restore to a different partition. That is if I have backed up partition 5, I get option to restore to only partition 5. Probably I need to select the correct switches in CLonezilla while restoring. The grub should be bootable

Has anybody done this before?

Thanks in advance,

Deepak

deepakdeshp
November 7th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Hi,

I have two multi boot systems with similar hardware. I want to restore the Ubuntu server installed on partition 5 in the first system to partition 3 in the second system. Clonexilla does not offer me option to restore to a different partition. That is if I have backed up partition 5, I get option to restore to only partition 5. Probably I need to select the correct switches in CLonezilla while restoring. The grub should be bootable

Has anybody done this before?

Thanks in advance,

Deepak

Rocket2DMn
November 8th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Threads merged, please don't create multiple threads for the same problem - it isn't fair to the community members contributing time here, and doesn't result in getting more or better support. Thanks.

sbubba
March 18th, 2012, 08:04 PM
hello! Old post but I've the same problem . On the clonezilla site there is this FAQ:
http://drbl.org/faq/fine-print.php?path=./2_System/102_restore_image_to_different_partition.faq#102_r estore_image_to_different_partition.faq
This must be the solution to restore into a different partition, but I haven't understand the fourth point. Could anybody explaine how make simbolic links, please?

ostanley
March 21st, 2012, 09:20 PM
If you have enough disk space, forget point 4, and if you don't have, forget it also - just edit the original files (as explained in point 3), that's it!

howefield
March 21st, 2012, 09:21 PM
Old thread closed.