PDA

View Full Version : trying to setup mpi for pyrit

andytof47
November 7th, 2009, 12:33 AM
hi there, just trying to setup mpi for pyrit, to make things a little faster.

I follow the instructions here https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MpichCluster

and get to this command

sudo echo /mirror *(rw,sync) >> /etc/exports

and I get this error

bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

SoI can't follow th e tutorial to set this up.

I posted here cause the most MPI results came up here so I figure someone must know what is wrong..

cheers):P

andytof47
November 7th, 2009, 09:37 PM
hey cmon ubunutu community,

be friendly :)

help a fellow user out
:popcorn:

bump

mcurran
February 22nd, 2011, 06:28 PM
First you should try to understand what the command is actually doing; then you would easily notice that it should go like this:

echo "/mirror *(rw,sync)" >> /etc/exports

This command appends the line "/mirror *(rw,sync)" to the exports file in the following directory: /etc

Any more questions? You should also install nfs-kernel-server first, because it usually wants to overwrite the exports file, and you need it for the cluster, unless your going to use gfs (which I doubt)... So install that, and then run the command I provided.

Let us know how you did, or how the nodes are running w/ pyrit. I'm thinking of setting up the same with a couple of my old PC's. Mostly to learn. I'll need to research on howto setup the ip configurations, and whether I'll need to make my master a dhcp server or bridge the connections somehow for my first node. I want them to be independent from a switch or router, because, I'm only doing one or two nodes and don't want to clog up my lan bandwith.