PDA

View Full Version : How can I speed up boot times in 9.10?

hacikho
November 6th, 2009, 06:43 AM
I had 9.04 ubuntu remix on my 2 gb eeepc 1000H, yesterday I upgraded 9.10 , and I am not happy, boot time is two times slower If I compare with 9.04 . Most of the application runs too slow. :( Is there any way to speed up boot time, and speed up process

ikt
November 6th, 2009, 06:45 AM
have you tried a fresh install?

hacikho
November 7th, 2009, 10:10 PM
no but does not make sense. For each new version doing fresh install is nonsense. And not an handy way. If so why they put update manager, and especially 9.10 to update manager. I gues developer should have thing about this.

notgoingbackto_ms
November 7th, 2009, 10:16 PM
I just noticed more apps in startup, that may account partially for the increase. Check the startup. My boot up time is not good now either. I am new on linux/ubuntu, just a guess.

hacikho
November 8th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Yes I checked the start up, and noticed too many app, but because of I am new for ubuntu exactly don't know which app essential?

winotree
November 8th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Even though you and I have a different DE the underlying OS is [pretty much] the same. I don't use Bluetooth or have a printer so I disabled those. There's no need to have something starting or running if it's not needed. I also disabled automatic check of updates because I choose to do that on certain mornings over a coffee. ;)

Why not post back here with anything that you have questions about and let someone help.