PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgraded from 9.04 to 9.10 issue. Help needed please.

Solorflare
November 6th, 2009, 06:18 AM
I have upgraded from Ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10.

The problem is my graphics tablet which is an Aiptek one was workign fine in 9.04, when i installed 9.04 the graphic tablet works straight away.

Now that I have installed 9.10 it wont work.
If I touch the pen down on the pad the cursor freezes.

I have had a problem like this before with an earlier version of Ubuntu (not 9.04) and fixed it, but that fix isnt working in 9.10 .

I have noticed that Xserver-xorg-input-aiptek is not anywhere in the repositories for ubuntu 9.10 .

Because I am in to digital art and I have important jobs to finish with the graphics tablet, I am wondering if there is a fix to this issue or do I reinstall 9.04 and stick with that and not continue with 9.10?

Thank you in advance.

pastalavista
November 6th, 2009, 06:33 AM
I looked in Synaptic and xserver-xorg-input-aiptek is in there. Have you checked all the boxes in Software Sources?

Solorflare
November 6th, 2009, 06:35 AM
I looked in Synaptic and xserver-xorg-input-aiptek is in there. Have you checked all the boxes in Software Sources?

Will double check.

Solorflare
November 6th, 2009, 07:01 AM

Just checked and installed it.
Still got the same problem.
I have looked in my Dev/input directory and its now go two extra mice.
The By ID folder has a file in it now "usb-waltop-international.corp.slim_tablet-eventid-if00"

And the same issue is still happening.

Any other advice?

pastalavista
November 6th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Did you reboot? Have you looked in System-> Preferrences-> Mouse to see if it is activated? I've never used that device so that's all I got.

Good luck.

Solorflare
November 6th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Did you reboot? Have you looked in System-> Preferrences-> Mouse to see if it is activated? I've never used that device so that's all I got.

Good luck.

Done all that now... still not working. there is something that i must be doing wrong.