PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] scrollbar erratic 9.10

flaflashr
November 6th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Kubuntu 9.10 on Dell D600 laptop fresh install from DVD

I have been using Kubuntu on this machine since 8.04. I did a fresh install on a clean disk from a DVD I downloaded. I applied all of the updates available.

In several (maybe all?) applications, Firefox, KPackagaKit, Konqueror, when I scroll by using the mouse on the right scrollbar, it works fine for a couple of clicks, then the takes off and uncontrollably scrolls to the end of the page (or top, depending on which direction I was going.)

When I put the old hard disk with 9.04 in, it goes back to normal.

I searched here, but did not find any hits.

Thanks for your help.

edin9
November 6th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Do you have a Synaptics touchpad?

flaflashr
November 6th, 2009, 06:58 AM
I suspect it might be a Synaptics touchpad. I don't remember it being a Synaptics touchpad, but it could be. The BIOS setup does not mention.

I checked using the old disk with 9.04, and it had a Synaptics driver installed (0.99.7 I think).

The new disk with 9.10 has xserver-xorg-input-synaptics-1.1.2.1ubuntu-7 already installed.

Guessing where your lead might go, I tried installing the gsynaptics tool, however, it does not seem to have made much, if any difference.

Suggestions?

hviertol
November 6th, 2009, 10:15 PM
This is a reported regression bug on ubuntu 9.10, see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-evdev/+bug/444674