PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Thunderbird flickers after upgrade to 9.10

keith1
November 5th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I'm using SuperOS, which is Ubuntu with a bunch of items already installed. I upgraded to 9.10 a few days ago and everything works fine except one item - Thunderbird.

All the normal functions are ok in TB, but when I move the cursor around the screen flickers. Do you think this is an Ubuntu or Thunderbird issue?

Thanks

beacon
February 6th, 2010, 01:22 PM
I am surprised no one seems to have had the same problem. Every time I open Thunderbird, the screen flickers before settling. Everything else works normally. The problem is not a big one, but it is irritating. There is nothing helpful in either the Thunderbird or Ubuntu forums that I have found.

keith1
March 4th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks Beacon, yep, I've checked other forums and asked on some tech boards to no avail myself. I even did a fresh install of my ubuntu system, and of course had to reinstall TB, but it does the same thing. I guess I've just learned to live with the flicker

wojox
March 4th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Running TB2 or TB3?

keith1
March 5th, 2010, 01:38 AM

I only update as they become available through update manager - seems safer to me that way. Now I'm curious, was there a "fix" for that in TB 3?

wojox
March 5th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Not sure. Been running TB3 for a while. May wanna give it a try: http://wojox.homelinux.net/?p=20

keith1
March 5th, 2010, 02:02 PM
wojox - Ok, I'm trying 3 out and there is no flicker whatsoever, that did the trick for me. I also like the new layout/look of it.

Thank you, Keith