PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Help, no open applications show up in the taskbar after I accidentally clicked

abefroman99
November 5th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Help, no open applications show up in the taskbar after I accidentally clicked something.

How can I get those back?

IE. If I have FireFox and thunderbird open, there should be 2 things in the task bar.

DynastyX
November 5th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I think what you're looking for is the "Indicator applet". Right click the toolbar, click "add to panel" and scroll down until you see it... Hope this helps you.

Untitled_No4
November 5th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Perhaps you've deleted the Task Manager widget from your panel?

Click on the Cashew on the right end of your panel, then click Add Widgets... and in the Add Widgets window type "task" (without the quotation marks) which will filter out all other widgets.
If there is no red minus sign right of the star icon, then you have deleted the task manager so click once on the widget entry to highlight it and then click the Add Widget button to your panel.

If there is a minus sign next to the star then the Task Manager widget is installed but it will be easier to remove it (by clicking on the minus sign) and install it again than trouble shooting why it's not working as it should.

smilingfrog
November 10th, 2009, 01:13 AM
I had this happen as well.
Right click on the task bar.
Choose 'Add to Panel'
Click on 'Window List' at the bottom of the menu, and then click on add.
If the list on the task bar is too small to see, you may have to move or resize it, but the program buttons should reappear on the taskbar.
I don't know how I lost it either.
Cheers,
:)G