PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Stability gnome vs kde (karmic)

billyboy1978
November 5th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Hi.
Are there any noticeable difference in stability between Ubuntu and Kubuntu? Will make clean install soon, but cannot decide.
Have used both a lot earlier.

Ilalmi
November 5th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Hi,

I'm using both and haven't noticed any crucial differences in stability. From my point of view, it's only a matter of taste.

kensum
November 5th, 2009, 11:27 PM
I use both gnome and kde and find gnome much more stable and realiable on a day in day out basis. The gnome desktop seems to be able to take anything you can throw at it while kde afterawhile I end up with small problems. I never breaks just needs more upkeep. The gnome desktop can be made to look just as appealing as kde whith a little tuning. Have fun with either, and do a clean install if possible. Kensum:D

jessejazza
November 6th, 2009, 09:55 AM
The gnome desktop can be made to look just as appealing as kde whith a little tuning. Have fun with either, and do a clean install if possible. Kensum:D

I'd be grateful if you could give me an idea of some tuning to make it more appealing. I change the panels... ending up with one at the bottom with the apps i like but i can't see how one can make it as appealing as KDE.

thanks - maybe you can PM me some examples... i'd be grateful

Pasdar
November 6th, 2009, 11:05 AM
I'm running Kubuntu on main PC. Its stable. If you install it, make sure to also upgrade to KDE 4.3.3, it says on the kubuntu website on how to do it.