PDA

View Full Version : [mythbuntu] Mythbuntu Karmic won't boot after update

cubdukat
November 5th, 2009, 06:34 PM
I installed the release candidate of Mythbuntu 9.10 about a week before the offical version hit, and I had to follow the procedures listed on this board for getting a Hauppauge HVR-2250 tuner card working.

Unfortunately,after rebooting, I now get what seems to be a continuous loop of error messages about mythtv-frontend stopping and respawning.

At first I thought this was a glitch with the RC, so I did a clean install of the official version, and unfortunately got the same results.

Does anyone know a workaround? I need to have a working Mythbuntu installation so that if Windows 7 decides to reboot or crash, it'll automatically boot into Mythbuntu and I can still get my shows because they'll be set up to record there as well.

I am mulling over installing regular Ubuntu Karmic instead and adding mythbuntu-desktop from Synaptic to see if that solves the problem.

Right now, the only other solution I can think of is to go back to the Jaunty version, but I had issues trying to set up the 64-bit codecs. Can I still download Jaunty-based distros, or have they been cleared out? This is the first time I've ever been faced with this situation.

I really want to stay with Mythbuntu because Mythdora is too fiddly for my liking. I had to do a lot more work to get it to the same level of usability Mythbuntu had out of the box, and even then it was still not quite there.