PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Confused about the VB install after upgrade

texas.chef94
November 5th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I am use to the Blue VB icon on install and this one see attachment has me at a standstill.
I extracted as you can see, but where does one go from there. The control.tar or data.tar gets me no closer. What am I not doing or doing incorrectly.

Thanks

noelvh
November 5th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Mu question is why would you extract the file. I have all ways just downloaded for the VB web site, and run the .deb file. Once I have done that I reboot and every thing is fine.

So I download from the VB site. Then double click the file and open with the deb installer.

Noel

texas.chef94
November 5th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Noes:
My only defence is its way I did it originally. So please excuse a 77 year old comprehension challenge and explain in detail what you meant about not extracting. You totally lost me,
And thanks for the speeds reply.
I still have VB on 9.04 and if all all else fails I have backup plan:lolflag:

noelvh
November 5th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Noes:
My only defence is its way I did it originally. So please excuse a 77 year old comprehension challenge and explain in detail what you meant about not extracting. You totally lost me,
And thanks for the speeds reply.
I still have VB on 9.04 and if all all else fails I have backup plan:lolflag:

The age is not an issue as my Dad is behind you by 3 years and only runs Linux.
You have the file you need just right click the file and open open with "GDebi Package Installer". Now when I say ope the file I am not talking about the extracted files, but the .deb file you downloaded. This should kick off the install of the VB software.

Noel