PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Laptop turns off itself (9.10)

Cabo_Nobby
November 5th, 2009, 12:11 PM
The upgrade to 9.10 was perfect. After that I have experienced some minor problems (the app center didn't let me install anything because "there were no pubkeys").

The main issue is this. It doesn't matter what I'am doing (the last time I tried I left my laptop doing nothing and it still happened) and about 20-30 minutes after I start using my laptop It turns itself off.
And It's not like a regular shutdown, It turns itself off without the screen that you see when you turn it off. It is jut like when you take off the battery (which of course I didn't do)

I have no clue about how to solve it.

Laptop -> Acer 5715Z 2gb ram Intel integrated graphic card GM965

awam66
November 5th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Have a look at System>Preferences>Power Management and check nothing is set to switch off after a certain time, particularly if you are running on battery. Otherwise no idea really!

tucker4christ
November 5th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I have the same Laptop and it will not let me make a successful install from the 9.10 kubuntu CD. It just kick off during the hardware setup. Now my old Linuxmint cd installs no problem. It does the same thing on the Ubuntu CD i downloaded also.

Cabo_Nobby
November 5th, 2009, 06:51 PM
@awam66 I'll try to install KK again and I will take a look at it, thanks a lot

@tucker4christ. I've only tried it with Ubuntu, and as I said I didn't had any problems, so I have no idea about what may be your problem.