PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No Mirror for 9.10 Upgrade

lakelovers
November 5th, 2009, 02:19 AM
I've been trying to upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10. The upgrade process hangs. So I went to Admin/Software Sources/Server for United States/Best Server.
I get the message "no suitable download server found.Check Internet Connection."

My wife updated her computer's 9.04 to 9.10 on the same Internet Connection, this morning with no problem. I'm on that connection now (DSL) so there's no question about that connection.

What's going on and how do I get past this problem?.

mkvnmtr
November 5th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Try picking a server. I ues North Dacota Center and I am in Mexico. It usually works fine. You say your upgrade stalls. During the download or during the installation? If it is during the download just start the upgrade again. All the packages you have downloads are stored so you do not have to download the again.

lakelovers
November 5th, 2009, 10:26 PM
I picked a mirror, started the upgrade which downloaded so slowly, I stopped it. Because my wife was able to upgrade her Ubuntu reasonably fast on the same DSL line I use, I am left thinking that there must be something whacky with my computer. Do you or anybody have a suggestion? I couldn't fine the "North Dacota Center" that you used. I'll look again.