PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] trying to upgrade from 8.10 (intrepid) to 9.10 (karmic)

cybergalvez
November 5th, 2009, 01:55 AM
hi all I am trying to upgrade from intrepid to karmic. I downloaded the alt cd and when i run it I get an error message saying that upgrade from intrepid to karmic is not supported. I thought using the alt cd was the way to do an upgrade if you skipped a version. I really don't want to have to first upgrade to jaunty and then to karmic. Any help is appreciated

dhavalbbhatt
November 5th, 2009, 02:34 AM
I am not sure you have a choice here. I think you can only upgrade from 8.10 to 9.04 to 9.10. I am not sure about alternate CD, but I would be surprised if it allowed you to upgrade from 8.10 to 9.10.

mkvnmtr
November 5th, 2009, 02:40 AM
You will only be able to upgrade to the next system, not 9.10. You can use the disk nto do a fresh install of 9.10 on your machine. If you do not have your home backed up you will need to do that first. If your home is on a seperate partition you should not lose anything and will keep all your bookmarks and settings. Just have to reinstall all your apps.