PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] error while loading shared libraries: libx264.so.67: cannot open shared object file:

xenogia
November 5th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Hi I've installed MPlayer and I keep getting the following error

error while loading shared libraries: libx264.so.67: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

though i checked /usr/lib and the library is there, any ideas?

andrew.46
November 5th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Hi xenogia,

error while loading shared libraries: libx264.so.67: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Could you run the following:

sudo find /usr -iname 'libx264.so.*'

This will show definitively what versions of this library you have and the locations of the files.

Andrew

xenogia
November 5th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Hi xenogia,

Could you run the following:

sudo find /usr -iname 'libx264.so.*'This will show definitively what versions of this library you have and the locations of the files.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I did the following and got

/usr/share/mplayer/libx264.so.76
/usr/lib/libx264.so.76

Do I need to make a symbolic link and if so how do i do that?

andrew.46
November 5th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Hi xenogia,

/usr/share/mplayer/libx264.so.76
/usr/lib/libx264.so.76

So the problem is clear at least. I suspect you have the repository MPlayer which depends on the libx264-67 and you have installed a newer x264 library for another program, perhaps FFmpeg?

Do I need to make a symbolic link and if so how do i do that?

Hmmmm.... I am not so sure that this would work as versions of MPlayer/MEncoder are tied fairly closely to versions of x264 and normally if you update one you would update the other. It hinges a little on why you need the updated x264 that is on your system?

Andrew

FakeOutdoorsman
November 5th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Hi I've installed MPlayer and I keep getting the following error

though i checked /usr/lib and the library is there, any ideas?

Do you have any third-party repositories enabled?

xenogia
November 5th, 2009, 02:23 AM
I figured out the problem, seems it was mplayer-nogui that was causing the issues and mplayer wasn't installed. I uninstalled mplayer-nogui and install mplayer and it resolved the issue.

andrew.46
November 5th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Hi xenogia,

I figured out the problem, seems it was mplayer-nogui that was causing the issues and mplayer wasn't installed. I uninstalled mplayer-nogui and install mplayer and it resolved the issue.

Glad to hear that you have resolved the issue :).

Andrew