PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No OS found?

ronald74437
November 4th, 2009, 08:02 PM
i installed ubuntu 9.10 from disk on my laptop. i had had vista on it, and went through the installation process and all that good stuff. i then restarted my computer and it booted from the disk and acted like nothing was installed i went to see what was wrong, and tried installing it again, but ubuntu WAS there!!

My HD is partitioned into 2 peices and i cant seem to undo that :( so i am in the process of reinstalling ubuntu (over the same installation, deleting the first try) with the hopes i can get it working. what am i doing wrong?

If i havnt provided enough information for you to help me, let me know and ill give what you ask for.

thank you :P

ronald74437
November 4th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Actually no, its not partitioned, its two different physical drives

sorry i had to look on the web to make sure

ronald74437
November 4th, 2009, 08:06 PM
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00852652&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=&cc=us〈=&product=3340264 (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00852652&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=&cc=us&lang=&product=3340264)

thats the link with the specs for my computer

halj32
November 4th, 2009, 08:07 PM
i installed ubuntu 9.10 from disk on my laptop. i had had vista on it, and went through the installation process and all that good stuff. i then restarted my computer and it booted from the disk and acted like nothing was installed i went to see what was wrong, and tried installing it again, but ubuntu WAS there!!

My HD is partitioned into 2 peices and i cant seem to undo that :( so i am in the process of reinstalling ubuntu (over the same installation, deleting the first try) with the hopes i can get it working. what am i doing wrong?

If i havnt provided enough information for you to help me, let me know and ill give what you ask for.

thank you :P

did you remember to take out your Ubuntu disk before booting??? as some computers are set to boot from CD/DVD first then HDD

ronald74437
November 4th, 2009, 08:08 PM
did you remember to take out your Ubuntu disk before booting??? as some computers are set to boot from CD/DVD first then HDD

yep :D

it just gives me an error message saying no OS found

ronald74437
November 4th, 2009, 08:15 PM
ok, i resolved the issue by going into the advanced options when the system specs apeared for me to glance over before continuing and clicked the box that allowed the computer to boot from the new OS

i think

not sure exactly, but it works now. thanks anyways. im excited to try this thing out :P