PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Kernel module i915 not loading

oshunluvr
November 4th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I have been trying to get my media computer to work with ubuntu to no avail. The problem is the integrated video card is an Intel 945GM. I have read all the bug reports and tried all the supposed fixes and nothing is helping.

The best glxgears rate I can get is 300fps. Too slow to use XBMC (or almost anything else). I do not have compiz running (wouldn't work anyway at this speed).

I started with 9.04 install, then upgraded to 9.10, then wiped and did a fresh 9.10 Karmic install. All behave the same.

The primary error in the log file is "i915 kernel module not loading" and several messages about drm failing - which I believe are related.

My searching so far leads me to believe I am the only one getting this error, but if not: post here and I will upload my log files and more data to see if we can get this solved.

mannheim_68161
January 15th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I just installed ubuntu 9.10 on a FujitsuSiemens notebook that also uses the 945GM-chip. and as well things aren't working out as they should (i.e. major problems incl. system-crashes when trying to hook up to my tv-set...).
just like u said, nothing has helped so far - but being a ubuntu-newbie the tech-talk sometimes looks a bit confusing...

can anybody help the 945GM-victims? :confused: