PDA

View Full Version : KDE users...which view do you prefer

stuart.reinke
November 4th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Here is another thread asking about different preferences of available settings. Why you like what and so on.......:D

Folder View or Desktop View. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of customisation that is available.

I set for Folder View and use the Desktop folder.

It makes things work more consistently when switching back and forth between KDE and Gnome.

Islington
November 4th, 2009, 05:23 PM
its not one or the other, since you can have both with multiple activities...

hoppipolla
November 4th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Desktop. The Desktop Folder plasmoid is wicked :)

Pasdar
November 4th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I selected desktop view... but I have nothing on my desktop, just two panels... on those panels I add what I want... the desktop for nice widgets if i feel like it.

Xbehave
November 4th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I have a few widgets on my desktop, I've never used my desktop as ad-hock storage (even when i was on windows).

RiceMonster
November 4th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I use the desktop. Don't use the folder view plasmoid though. I use plasmoids off and on, never too many though.

stuart.reinke
November 4th, 2009, 05:52 PM
its not one or the other, since you can have both with multiple activities... I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. I'm going to put Home in a plasmoid on top of my desktop view and see how it looks.

Eisenwinter
November 4th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I use KDEmod. I don't have a Desktop folder. I view all files in the terminal, I've become so used to that after doing it for 10 months.

Viewing stuff in Dolphin feels weird, so I just default back to "ls" ;)

piousp
November 4th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Desktop View. I dont even use the folder view widget

praveesh
November 4th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I love dragging and dropping to desktop . So yes the classical file browser mode.

hoppipolla
November 4th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I love dragging and dropping to desktop . So yes the classical file browser mode.

It's cool how everyone has different ways of doing it! It's cool it's so flexible :)

You can even set the folder plasmoids to view other folders, not just the Desktop one! it's cool :D

SunnyRabbiera
November 4th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Folder view so I can actually use my desktop "gasp" like a desktop!
:D

praveesh
November 4th, 2009, 07:00 PM
You people are stating incorrectly the "technical terms". In the kde settings , folder view = classical file browser mode . And desktop = the new one

praveesh
November 4th, 2009, 07:02 PM
It's cool how everyone has different ways of doing it! It's cool it's so flexible :)

You can even set the folder plasmoids to view other folders, not just the Desktop one! it's cool :D

Yeah I am not using the desktop folder

Screwdriver0815
November 4th, 2009, 07:37 PM
desktop view for me! :D