PDA

View Full Version : glue

chucky chuckaluck
November 4th, 2009, 03:53 PM
so yesterday, i had a screensaver running for the first time ever on my laptop. apparently, my cat couldn't resist and i guess he somehow managed to rip off the covers to my F,V and J keys. it seems they work just fine, so is it worth gluing them back on? if so, what kind of glue should i use?

Barriehie
November 4th, 2009, 04:04 PM
so yesterday, i had a screensaver running for the first time ever on my laptop. apparently, my cat couldn't resist and i guess he somehow managed to rip off the covers to my F,V and J keys. it seems they work just fine, so is it worth gluing them back on? if so, what kind of glue should i use?

You sure they're glued on? On all the keyboards I've had they just snap on.

Barrie

dragos240
November 4th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Yeah, usually they just snap back in.

forrestcupp
November 4th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about something interesting, like eating paste that smells like mint.

If it doesn't snap back on, use super glue, but only a small drop.

Barriehie
November 4th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I took all mine off to clean them one time and wasn't sure where some of them went so I painted them all black!

Barrie

Dragonbite
November 4th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I had a bunch of keys pop off my system and asked about glue once. Ended up they just snapped back which is a good thing because it was work's laptop!

ajy0852
November 4th, 2009, 06:05 PM
When I was in college, my roommate used a big spoon to snap off most of my keys and rearranged them on my keyboard. I decided to just leave them - it really made me a better typist.

So yeah, they usually snap on/off.

chucky chuckaluck
November 4th, 2009, 06:30 PM
i've decided to leave the posts exposed. feels kind of weird, though.

RiceMonster
November 4th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Key covers are bloated anyway. You don't need them.

HappinessNow
December 18th, 2009, 10:05 AM
If you have a University near by you, they usually sell off excess/used supplies like keyboards for as low as a buck, give it a gander.