PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade to 9.10 : Error authenticating some packages

captain_rob
November 4th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Wanted to upgrade Ubuntu from 9.04 (64) to 9.10 (64) but got a error message with online upgrade as well with the alternate cd. Tried several times and also after reinstalling te packages the same error

Error authenticating some packages

It was not possible to authenticate some packages. This may be a transient network problem. You may want to try again later. See below for a list of unauthenticated packages.

firefox
firefox-3.0
firefox-3.0-branding
firefox-3.0-gnome-support
firefox-3.5
firefox-3.5-branding
firefox-3.5-gnome-support
firefox-gnome-support
kerneloops-daemon
libpoppler-glib4
libpoppler5
libpython2.6
poppler-utils
python-ubuntuone-client
python2.6
python2.6-minimal
ubuntuone-client
ubuntuone-client-gnome
update-manager
update-manager-core
xulrunner-1.9.1
xulrunner-1.9.1-gnome-support

Please help me out :confused:

P.M.
I remember this packages were just upgraded a few days ago !

kirzhanov
November 4th, 2009, 10:53 AM
My problem may be similar to the one reported above as may not.

I was using Kubuntu 9.04, then installed gnome above it and than upgraded to Kubuntu 9.10 still using gnome. After the reboot I tried to install some additional packages and Synaptic hung. A reboot solved the problem but I received an error in the root filesystem which was situated in /var/lib/dpkg as the manual fsck run showed.

Now the system runs smoothly except this [https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/81057] problem which can be in most cases solved manually until there would be a comprehensive solution.

But _all the packages in Synaptic are listed as unauthenticated_. I still can install/uninstall them and all the keys are listed in Synaptic. The Ubuntu icon which allows to distinguish between Canonical-supported and unsupported software is also not displayed in any package record. A message about installation of unauthenticated package is displayed every time I install a package.

Since I had a filesystem error it seems that something is damaged in package database or in software I installed. Is there a way to "repair" my installation?