PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help restore chat-n-mail icon/shortcut

Dipez
November 4th, 2009, 07:19 AM
I messed up with my panel settings ](*,) and now the "MAIL" icon near clock-n-weather, (from where empathy and evolution both could easily be accessed) is now GONE! :oops:

I cannot find it in "add-to-panel" option. If any ubuntu genius knows how to solve it or, knows the path for a custom launcher, please help. [-o<

(The "envelope/mail" type icon was provided by default and i want it back). I am using Ubuntu 9.10. Please help... HELP!!!

Pop Corn.. any one??:popcorn:

:D

Mosdarkrai
November 7th, 2009, 11:37 AM
It is called the indicator applet, not the email applet.
:popcorn:

Dipez
November 7th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Well thanks for that. but do u know how to solve it? I don't think anybody here undstood my prblm, or mayb none of them know hw to solve it. If ppl dnt help us with this "Humanity for others" OS, i wonder who will....

Thanks everyone else for not helping a newbie!!!!

george.brindeiro
November 10th, 2009, 03:13 AM
Hi Dipez,

Try not be so pessimistic, eventually someone that can help you will show up. It seems more and more common nowadays for people that think they know everything to mistreat new users for no reason.

As a matter of fact, I have the same problem as you and would like a solution -- the chat/email icon was very nice and it is not showing up anymore after it crashed. Any ideas how I can reenable it?

George

george.brindeiro
November 10th, 2009, 02:15 PM
After a lot of googling for answers, found out the icon is called the MessagingMenu, which works with the indicator applet. The way I got it back was quite idiotic -- I right clicked the panel, selected Add to Panel and tried adding the indicator applet options. Along with some wrong icons, which I deleted, my mail/chat icon came back!

George

Dipez
November 11th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Hey George, thanks. I did d same n d thing showed up. Thanks for ur help dude!

I guess we newbies gotta help each other out, cause d pro's myt think we ask "baby" things. hehe :)

bluepicaso
June 12th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Thanx a lot, It really helped me.

DarkBattM14
September 8th, 2010, 09:13 AM
ohhh. THNX for your help... this was very useful!!! ):P