PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu gets review in Canada's National Newspaper

hoe
November 4th, 2009, 12:48 AM
I was surprised to find Ubuntu getting a review in our National newspaper and it's great :-)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/review-ubuntu-910-first-look/article1348084/

Joeb454
November 4th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Thread moved to Community Cafe

kostkon
November 4th, 2009, 03:15 AM
And right now it's the most popular article on the site. Nice!

ynnhoj
November 4th, 2009, 03:29 AM
spiffy, a review on the G&M. i haven't been reading the technology section lately, but maybe i should add the G&M's tech RSS feed to my news reader again!

Khakilang
November 4th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Well thats prove I make the right choice after all.

Squonk07
November 4th, 2009, 04:09 AM
Nice to see they got the release schedule and naming system right. I've seen some "creative" explanations by journalists who didn't bother to do their research.

BuffaloX
November 4th, 2009, 10:39 AM
It seems like Ubuntu gets more attention from main stream media with every release. :D

coolbrook
November 4th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Ubuntu was featured by the CBC (http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/tech/linux.html) a couple of years ago.

synicalx
November 4th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Nice to see they got the release schedule and naming system right. I've seen some "creative" explanations by journalists who didn't bother to do their research.

Haha I know what you mean, a while back an Australian newspaper did a 8.04 "Run down" and it was a total disaster - release dates all over the place, Gnome was repeatedly spelled wrong (nome from memory...) not only that but the journalist was complain he didn't have very high hopes because previous versions were too hard to use!

I'll see if I can't rustle up a link to this article, it's a bit old now but well worth a read just for the laughs :D

Arathorn
November 4th, 2009, 01:26 PM
It would be nice if someone created a sticky with all professional reviews on Karmic. Anyone care to do that?

madhi19
November 4th, 2009, 04:47 PM
That not a just review it a full on introduction to Ubuntu. Really great press we can't get better than that. I was about to tweet it but the site just went down! I guess the globe and mail got a lot of traffic today! lolll

bonfire89
November 4th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I have sent the odd email/suggestion/comment to various news sources to cover ubuntu.