PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Promlems with Ubuntu Installation

p3aul
November 3rd, 2009, 11:48 PM
Hi!
I tried to post this eariler but my thread was hijacked.

I tried ubuntu 9.10 from the CD and wanted to install it to my harddrive. I chose from the dialog box to have a side-by-side install with Winxp. I have two harddrives one is partitioned into two with Windows XP pro on the D patition. I also have a 1 terrabyte external drive. I wanted to install ubuntu on the c:\ partition since it is now almost free of files and it is internal when i tried to install manually it would't let me, something about root files and having to change on the partition menu as it was installing. I couldn't find the partition menu so I went back and just let it do an automatic install. It chose the external drive but let me adjust the parttion, which i did for 50 gigabytes. Everything went smoothly and i was instructed to reboot. Everything went ok untill it said it couldn't find disk and then a prompt appeared with the word
GRUB and a prompt ">" Now it won't load Ubuntu or Windows. The only way I have now to get on the internet is by the CD, which I don't want to continue to do. Can someone help me please?