PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] dual boot xp pro and ubuntu910 on seperate hard drive

kenpr
November 3rd, 2009, 06:35 PM
I have XP Pro installed on C and am trying to install Ubuntu 9.10 on F with Wubi 9.10. F drive is empty and formated (ntsf).

After running wubi and telling it to use F for the install and then rebooting, choosing ubuntu at the start screen it trys to continue the installation but stops with the error message

/scripts/casper-premount/20iso_scan:line 45:can't open /dev/sro: no medium found

I have wubi and ubuntu.iso in the same folder on drive C and ran wubi from there.

please help

sliketymo
November 3rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
I have XP Pro installed on C and am trying to install Ubuntu 9.10 on F with Wubi 9.10. F drive is empty and formated (ntsf).

After running wubi and telling it to use F for the install and then rebooting, choosing ubuntu at the start screen it trys to continue the installation but stops with the error message

/scripts/casper-premount/20iso_scan:line 45:can't open /dev/sro: no medium found

I have wubi and ubuntu.iso in the same folder on drive C and ran wubi from there.

please help

Wubi is used to install inside windows,to install to a seperate hard drive you will have to do a complete dual-boot install directing it to your F drive.

mundo
November 5th, 2009, 01:01 PM
kenpr, did you manage to install Ubuntu and XP on separate drives? I tried but lost the ability to boot into Windows as I don't think GRUB2 likes doing this!