PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.10 - Dell Laptop, trackpad button oddities

tinfoilmusic2000
November 3rd, 2009, 03:49 PM
Good day,

I'm having some odd problems with my mouse buttons on my Inspiron 8200. Roughly 30%-50% of the time when right or left clicking on various menus, I am forced to actually hold the left button while navigating the menu. This is replicated in various applications, and happens with both sets of buttons on this laptop. When browsing with Firefox, I will have to sometimes double click on links. Buttons within programs will also have to be double clicked. This behavior doesn't seem to exist on my Gentoo install, granted it's running Gnome 2.24.

I could live with it if it was happening all the time, but the random nature of it is distracting to say the least.

MiniStephan
November 3rd, 2009, 06:51 PM
I'm having mouse problems as well, except it seems to be the opposite. When I hold down the mouse sometimes (i.e., to scroll in Firefox) it doesn't want to let go of whatever I was clicking on.

I'm on a Toshiba Tecra M4, with a Synaptic touchpad.

tinfoilmusic2000
November 8th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I'm having mouse problems as well, except it seems to be the opposite. When I hold down the mouse sometimes (i.e., to scroll in Firefox) it doesn't want to let go of whatever I was clicking on.

I'm on a Toshiba Tecra M4, with a Synaptic touchpad.

Yes, I am now seeing that as well.