PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ah! Half install! Just a quick question!

Xog
November 3rd, 2009, 08:26 AM
So I did a complete clean install (or im trying to) of the new ubuntu KK from the CD I burned.

However, at 61% of the install it said there was a damaged file, my CD drive is messed up, or the CD itself needs to be cleaned.

Well.. okay... I see it start to slowly load something.. a white bar pops up on the top of my screen... so I wait..

20 minutes later, I have an OS! Here I am.. posting on the forums with internet with a 61% installed OS. LOL

Anyways. There's two icons on my desktop. Obviously this was made as a precaution / safety measure, because the two icons are:

Install Ubuntu 9.10
and
Examples.

I get a couple error messages here and there when I try and do something like explore the applications' games tabs, etc. which is expected. But I was wondering, since I was having problems for the past 5 hours or so just getting the CD to be written correctly, is it possible, now that I'm basically on Ubuntu, to download the file and finish installing it from here?..

Thanks!

emigrant
November 3rd, 2009, 08:31 AM
did you make a tour using your live cd?

Xog
November 3rd, 2009, 08:44 AM
did you make a tour using your live cd?

not sure what you mean by this. as in, am i taking a tour with the live CD? no, I completely reformatted my HD. I was on WinXP, and it was installing ubuntu up until 61%.

Speaking of the CD, I can't get it out! Pressing Eject does nothing. :(

Anyone mind giving me some advice? What should I do? How do I eject the CD without shutting down the computer? How do I continue from here?

Peter09
November 3rd, 2009, 09:04 AM
I think you have just booted again from your LiveCD. Before you boot remove the CD, you will get a chance to eject it during the early stage of the Bios startup.