PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Google Wave Extension?

HappinessNow
November 3rd, 2009, 05:07 AM
What is your favorite Google Wave Extension?

dnjhnsn52
November 14th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Personally, I really like the 6round video conferencing extension. I have limited use of it, but I can see the potential.

Nerd King
November 14th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Just got my invite so I'll play with it eventually but can't say it's totally life-changing at this point.

HappinessNow
November 14th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Just got my invite so I'll play with it eventually but can't say it's totally life-changing at this point.
Really? I feel like I grew another limb or something!

Elfy
November 14th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Lets' hope it doesn't type as much as 2 of the others you have then ;)

Paqman
November 14th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I really like the 6round video conferencing extension.

It's immense, and really shows how different waves will be from the other forms of communication we already have.

RabbitWho
November 14th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Is it against the rules to ask if anyone has any invites?

HappinessNow
November 14th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Is it against the rules to ask if anyone has any invites?No, ask away I am sure someone has one to spare for you.

ZankerH
November 14th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I got the invite a while ago, but I don't read email through my web browser, so I'm sure not going to use wave through my browser. I'm not using it until there's a decent, secure client with on the fly PGP encryption and a working offline mode that doesn't require the steaming pile of **** that is google gears.

gnomeuser
November 14th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I really like the randomlytwenty extension that allows for all kinds of combined dice rolls for RPG purposes.

ZankerH
November 14th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Is it against the rules to ask if anyone has any invites?

Not against the rules, but annoying and pointless, since "invites" just give your application for the beta test a somewhat higher chance of being considered.

loell
November 14th, 2009, 11:55 AM
:) :) :) :)

:D :D :D :D

that should give a hint.

koleoptero
November 14th, 2009, 11:55 AM
I really like the randomlytwenty extension that allows for all kinds of combined dice rolls for RPG purposes.
Playing dnd over the internet? :D

gnomeuser
November 14th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Playing dnd over the internet? :D

Long term it would add some of the more rule heavy/dice heavy aspects of such games without the cost of slowing down the story. It will never replace sitting around the table with your friends but I could imagine it being a good alternative for many gamers who are unable to do classic gaming.

Paqman
November 14th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Not against the rules, but annoying and pointless, since "invites" just give your application for the beta test a somewhat higher chance of being considered.

People i've invited have all got their link pretty promptly. Fastest was one day, slowest was a week. So it certainly doesn't hurt.