PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] mount: error while loading shared libraries

signal99
November 3rd, 2009, 04:05 AM
I just received a copy of 9.10 32 Bit (x86, i386) in the mail from On-Disk.com and was planning on installing it on my Dell Inspiron laptop which I have had no past problems installing Ubuntu, Suse, and Fedora. I tried to run the install and after I select install I get the following messages after about 3 minutes???

mount: error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libblkid.so.1: cannot read file data: Input/output error

mountall: mount /dev/pts [1238] terminated with status 127
mountall: Filesystem could not be mounted: /dev/pts

mount: error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libblkid.so.1: cannot read file data: Input/output error

mountall: mount /dev/pts [1239] terminated with status 127
mountall: Filesystem could not be mounted: /dev/shm

mountall: mount /dev/pts [1240] terminated with status 127
mountall: Filesystem could not be mounted: /tmp

mountall: mount /dev/pts [1241] terminated with status 127
mountall: Filesystem could not be mounted: /var/run

I ran the test to make sure there was not a problem with the CD and it said that it was fine. Any ideas????

signal99
November 3rd, 2009, 01:15 PM
I forgot to mention, my laptop is currently running XP.

signal99
November 5th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Anybody????

senor_smile
November 26th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I have just upgraded an acer aspire one to 9.10 32-bit(fresh install). I booted once successfully and ran an upgrade. It froze and I did a sysrq+REISUB. Now upon rebooting I get the exact same error as previously mentioned. Anyone have any ideas?

Gilankzz
November 26th, 2009, 09:03 AM
try to reisstal your samba..
its work:popcorn:

jacobs444
November 26th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Honestly, it sounds like a bad disc, or bad drive. I can't guarantee anything though.

senor_smile
November 26th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I am unable to boot up the machine. also, samba was never installed. Only the base install of ubuntu karmic was installed.