PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with dual monitors in 9.10

jerrything@gmail.com
November 2nd, 2009, 11:28 PM
I am new to Ubuntu so please excuse me if I screw this up. I am running a dual monitor system and when I downloaded ubuntu 9.10 I now have the panel (the line at the top of the montior that has "applications Places System .....) on one monitor and all my Icons on the other. Before they were both on the same monitor. Can anyone help me get them back together on the same monitor?

Donalb
November 3rd, 2009, 10:08 PM
Sounds similar to my problem but it may be that if you go into System>Display, you may be able to swap the positions of the monitors around, ie move the (current) one on the left to the position on the right.
(This wouldn't work for, both monitors are in the right place)

Just did a full install to 9.10 (rather than upgrade), I was on Intrepid. Still doing extensive synaptic package refresh at the moment but that shouldn't affect this...

Have an external 19" monitor connected on the left of my monitor. Previously the monitor would be "primary" when connected with both Panels and desktop icons on it. The laptop screen acted as an "extension" off to the right hand side.
However now the laptop screen has the panels while the ext. monitor has the desktop icons.The laptop is too far too the right for this layout to be comfortable so I've had to switch off the laptop display in the Config Applet.

Clear?
Intel on-board graphics, btw.