PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu-Brainstorm-like site for free software ideas

nobodysbusiness
November 2nd, 2009, 10:51 PM
Does anyone know of a site similar to Ubuntu Brainstorm, but devoted to ideas for general free software projects? I have been searching around for a while now, hoping to find a website where people could enter ideas for software applications that they would like to see developed, that they don't have the skill or time to develop themselves. Then, developers who are interested in pursuing a new development project could browse the popular ideas (ones that have been voted up) and pick one to implement.

There are some idea-related websites that contain a "computers" section, but nothing specifically dedicated to free software that I've seen.

I'm interested in this because I've been thinking about project ideas for a while now, and have come up with several that I think are pretty worthwhile. I'm also interested in seeing what others have come up with. Anyway, if it doesn't exist yet... I guess that's the first idea I'd like to propose :)

23meg
November 2nd, 2009, 11:00 PM
Not that I think it's a particularly good idea, but Brainstorm, the software that Ubuntu Brainstorm runs on, is free software, so you could just start your own if you like.

beastrace91
November 2nd, 2009, 11:21 PM
I think you are looking for something like Featurelist (http://featurelist.org/)

~Jeff