PDA

View Full Version : IDLE and Jaunty

jesuisbenjamin
November 2nd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Hello there,

I recently upgraded from Intrepid to Januty and trying to edit a (self-made) python file in IDLE it seems there is no way i can edit the file: the cursor won't move from the top-left corner when i click anywhere in my file, i cannot highlight anything either.

So i thought about re-installing IDLE, i even upgraded from 2.5 to 3.0, the cursor problem was not there but i couldn't run my file: it called for a SyntaxError (which does not appear when i run 2.5).

Then i reinstalled 2.5, the program runs, but i cannot edit it...
I don't understand what's going on, is there anyone who experienced the same problem?

EDIT: Installing 2.6 solves both issues, but doesn't explain them. Is there something i missed?

rich1939
November 2nd, 2009, 10:33 PM
Hello there,

I recently upgraded from Intrepid to Januty and trying to edit a (self-made) python file in IDLE it seems there is no way i can edit the file: the cursor won't move from the top-left corner when i click anywhere in my file, i cannot highlight anything either....

I'm currently using IDLE v2.6.2 with Python v2.6.2 on Jaunty and it works just fine as an editor, so I can't be of much help, except to suggest that you use these versions.

Hope that helps.