PDA

View Full Version : Cedega 5.1 released !

Bragador
February 16th, 2006, 02:14 AM
TransGaming Technologies today announced the release of Cedega 5.1, which features support for some of the newest blockbuster PC titles such as Sid Meier’s Civilization IV, FIFA 06 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted.Wine Games

Cedega allows games originally created for the Windows platform to run on Linux, straight out-of-the-box. Other popular titles supported on Cedega 5.1 include Battlefield 2, Dungeon Siege II, City of Villains, Madden NFL 2006, World of WarCraft, Half-Life 2, Guild Wars, and many others.

Among the many enhancements included in Cedega 5.1, Linux gamers will also benefit from a range of new features and fixes including an updated Cedega user interface, installer and copy protection improvements, support for wide screen monitor resolutions, and better handling for international keyboard layouts.

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1144

akurashy
February 16th, 2006, 02:40 AM
yea i just upgraded my cedega but haven't ran any game yet :D

gord
February 16th, 2006, 03:08 AM
doesn't civilisation 4 have a linux port anyway?

i personally think people shouldn't use cedega, it doesn't help anybody in the long run. if you want good game/windows emulation use the money you were going to pay for cedega and donate it to wine (or buy cross over office).

Jedeye
February 16th, 2006, 04:08 AM
sorry but this is a newb question... I installed Cedega the other day, and I dont know how to launch it. I tried typing cedega from the terminal and nothing.

Thanks

Perfect Storm
February 16th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Try with

whereis cedega

If you install the .deb (sudo dpkg -i cedega_X.X.X_i386.deb) you'll find cedega launcher under games.