PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on my blog post of Ubuntu/Linux

RJ12
November 2nd, 2009, 03:40 PM
Well yesterday I wrote a blog post on Ubuntu/Linux and I just wanted to know your thoughts on it. Its at http://www.techkid08.info/2009/11/my-thoughts-on-linuxubuntu.html

Swagman
November 2nd, 2009, 04:10 PM
No link = Phail

BackwardsDown
November 2nd, 2009, 07:14 PM
1) use paragraphs :p

m4tic
November 2nd, 2009, 07:54 PM
Its bad on safari

Bölvağur
November 2nd, 2009, 08:40 PM
Use short paragraphs so I can skim over what you wrote and stop on the bits that interest me. Also use pictures to catch the viewer's attention.

Thats all I have to say I just wanted to give my thoughts. (oh and as a 13 yr old kid I can do it you can to!)

perhaps this should be your topic

t0p
November 2nd, 2009, 08:46 PM
The monolithic paragraph was a mistake. I read the post only because you specifically asked here for comments. I certainly wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

If you want people to read your blog, make it readable.

EDIT: Why do you characterize Ubuntu as a "begginner [sic] OS"? I'm not a beginner, and I use Ubuntu. Explain.

Also, try using a spell checker. Or a dictionary.

RE-EDIT: What the hell is this (http://www.techkid08.info/2009/10/any-new-programmers-that-are-begginers.html) all about?!!! Hang your head in shame!!

Barrucadu
November 2nd, 2009, 09:02 PM
tl;dr

After forcing myself to read it, however:

I think you really need to use a spell checker.
Temperatures should have units. 72 what?
Some grammatical mistakes, eg "I wished Windows" should be "I wish Windows". You wished? You no longer wish?
It's better to use proper English when writing longish things, eg "people" rather than "ppl"
Would be nice if ubuntuforums.org was a link.

hessiess
November 2nd, 2009, 09:05 PM
1) use paragraphs :p

This, im not even going to bother reading it as it is.

m4tic
November 2nd, 2009, 09:18 PM
He's doing good for a 13yr old i guess. Encourage him and not scare they guy.

t0p
November 2nd, 2009, 09:33 PM
He's doing good for a 13yr old i guess. Encourage him and not scare they guy.

Yeah yeah, it was great for a little kid. But without constructive criticism, he won't grow. If he doesn't grow, he'll be posting like that when he's 113.

Don't condescend to him. In the long run it is not helpful.

RJ12
November 3rd, 2009, 01:23 AM
Well I edited the post (don't expect you guys to read it again) but overall I was talking about the message I was trying to send. Unfortunately sometimes (at least for me) Blogger does not make everything look correct. When I said Ubuntu as a Beginner OS I meant its good for Newbie Linux Users to try not everybody who uses it is a Beginner (example: would a new Linux user be comfortable using Solaris or Ubuntu). Sorry for the mistakes thanks m4tic for understanding.

To t0p:
What do you mean little kid! Your right about the criticism but I am a good kid and am allowing you to have your opinions on me. Oh and I never said Windows was bad. (I dislike Windows as much as any1 here but sadly I have to use it) I was saying that mainly when people hear "Linux" they say no immediately when they have never used it and that's not a good thing. My post on SmallBasic was when im talking about a new user to programming (At least one good Microsoft product) its very easy to use, it has very few Keywords and I like the Syntax of it. Now when I talk about new to programming I mean kids my age (without the computer skills I have) it would be easy for them to learn and very Intuitive

As I end my post I thank you guys for taking your free time to look at my post. I hope you got the message and understood the post. :D;):p:KS

Barrucadu
November 3rd, 2009, 10:00 AM
66F? woah, that's cool. My laptop idles at around 50C and server idle at around 40C.

RJ12
November 5th, 2009, 11:31 PM
66F? woah, that's cool. My laptop idles at around 50C and server idle at around 40C.

I ment the temp. outside. Are we on the same page?