PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Satellite Rotor help PLEASE!

byronmyth
November 2nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
Hi Folks.

Well I took the plunge at the weekend and upgraded my MythBuntu setup, that all went to pot so I performed a clean install of 9.10, twice as I managed to screw the first attempt up trying to add a second hard disk drive to the setup.

Dell 5150 Dimension, Geforce 8400GS, Hauppage Nova-T and Nova-HD-S2, Asus STX sound card.

Anyways, I now have everything working (although performance doesn's seem as good as 9.04 with loads of tweaks) except my Satellite dish motor/rotor. I can't find anything googled that tells me the format I need to use for entering the Latitude and Longitude settings. Whilst trying a couple of guesses I managed to get my dish pegged against the wall, so figured I'd better find out the correct way of entering this info, anyone help please?

It also seems that something is screwy with using the two Hauppage cards, as sometimes when going back to edit some of the Capture Card settings it seems to combine some of the DVB-T settings with the DVB-S2 settings! a reset of the machine clears this thankfully (I found out eventually).

Help please folks.... Brian

byronmyth
November 8th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Are there really no other rotor users? I've worked around for the moment adding a second dish and DiSEcq switch (works perfectly in Myth setup). However I'd far rather have a working dish/rotor setup. I just need to know how to enter the longitude/lattitude data into the Myth setup.