PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] windows resume very slowly when Compiz enabled

dcharry
November 2nd, 2009, 12:20 PM
I have this annoying problem where when I resume a window from the taskbar, it takes around 1 sec to come up on my ATI 3400, read about this article http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1111522 which seems like other people got this same problem on their ATI cards, when I turn Compiz off everything worked fine, anyone out there knows the causes and solutions? Cheers.

Glucklich
November 2nd, 2009, 01:17 PM
when I turn Compiz off everything worked fine, anyone out there knows the causes and solutions? Cheers.

Did you installed the official ATI drivers? I have a nVidia card and in some situations, it helped.

If you did, after reading the thread you gave, I don't think you'll be getting further assistance here. So, the answer might simply be not using Compiz. And if you don't get to use Compiz, may I suggest looking into the lightweight options and optimize performance? If 3D acceleration isn't affected, you'll get kick*** performance on the games.

Hope somebody gives you the solution for your problem though, if you really want to use Compiz.