PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 9.10 can't mount fs:(

ubununtuman66
November 2nd, 2009, 11:31 AM
Hi! I don't know if this is the right place for this matter, if this is in the wrong place then I kindly ask the operators to put it in the prooper place thanks. anyway, I want to report this error, after a fresh install of ubuntu 9.10 everything seem ok, but then I want to connect the rest of my hard drives, this is when Grub fails, it doesnt find the system partition to mount anymore, and it says it will start some rescue shell wich never starts? I done exactly the same thing with older ubuntu versions with no troubble. I allways disconnect all hard drives exept the system hardrive, cus I don't want to install on them by misstake and destroying any of my data, and then after install completes I connect them again. I am a noob configuring grub so this made me change to another distro, Im sorry about this, I can see that this version of Grub still is in beta version? why put that crap in with the final 9.10 release? unbelievable! now I must to wait to the next release before I can use ubuntu again, hopefully the problem is solved by then? :( I don't want to configure anything self to fix this problem, since I don't have time or the prooper knowledge, so all you guys want to help, thanks but no thanks, I already have another distro running and no time to mess with this, I just want you to know about this problem:( cus I really love ubuntu,