PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] pc working slow bcoz of ubuntu

mukesh2409
November 2nd, 2009, 07:44 AM
Hi guys,I am using pentium III 868 Mhz processor 320 mb of RAM I have installed ubuntu 9.04 and the response is very very slow. my system gets stuck lot of times. I have disabled the graphical effects too but it wasnt that useful can anyone tell me whethere ubuntu supports pentium III or not so that I can proceed further.thank you in advance,Mukesh patil.

mickyching
November 2nd, 2009, 12:22 PM
Hi Mukesh.
Can you solve your problem or not? I think you have to reinstall the OS. May be you get the solution.

SirBismuth
November 2nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
There are distros that are friendlier to older systems. I think Xubuntu is one of them, don't know what else to suggest.

B

JBAlaska
November 2nd, 2009, 12:32 PM
With those system specs, your probably going to need to use a alternate version of Ubuntu called Xubuntu, It's Ubuntu with the XFCE desktop environment rather than Gnome. It should run much faster on your system.

Lol..beat me to it SirBismuth!

mukesh2409
November 2nd, 2009, 08:13 PM
With those system specs, your probably going to need to use a alternate version of Ubuntu called Xubuntu, It's Ubuntu with the XFCE desktop environment rather than Gnome. It should run much faster on your system.

Lol..beat me to it SirBismuth!

can u please give me the Xubuntu download link so that i can download that and then install on my pc and please tell me how to install applications like VLC player firefox adobe players. thank u in advance.