PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Karmic 9.10 Install/Live: (initramfs) unable to find a medium containing a live [fs]

PorcelainMouse
November 2nd, 2009, 07:33 AM
I burned the x86-64 installation/boot .iso to DVD media. I choose "Try..." and then I get another splash screen. Soon, that goes away and my monitor shows it switched resolutions. The screen is all black/blank. When I hit any key, I then see many "stdin: error 0" messages going back to the top of the text display. Then a message from BusyBox tells about the 'help' command. And, at the bottom it says: "(initramfs) unable to find a medium containing a live file system" . If I type help I get the BusyBox list of commands.

Looks like this:

stdin: error 0

BusyBox ...

(initramfs) unable to find a medium containing a live file system

(I see this was reported three weeks ago about the beta, but no replies. Must not have been addressed before release?)

PorcelainMouse
November 4th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Sorry. I just assumed that since I used bittorrent, I couldn't have downloaded a corrupt file. I guess that's not true, though I'd really like to know how that could be the case.

Sinsinnati
November 18th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I had a similar experience when beginning to install 9.10. Everything was the same up until the "stdin: error 0" output. The message that followed the second keystroke was in regard to "switching to secret passwords". I'm credulous with regard to torrents as well, but I suppose I'll give the mirror a try.