PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] CD/DVD and battery charge problem after upgrade to 9.10

b.jonkers
November 2nd, 2009, 07:28 AM
Hello.

Not sure if this goes here or not.

I was running 9.04 no proplems at all on my dell xps m1330 laptop.

Now when i put a cd in, the system ejects it straight away. It does not mount it it doesent even read it. There is no error or anything either. Just a disk popping back out.

Also since the update to 9.10 my battery life has just gone out the window. It does not seem to charge all the way and it runs out of charge very quick. I was getting about 1:14 to 2hrs now i get about 30min.

Any help with wither problem would be great.

b.jonkers
November 2nd, 2009, 10:45 PM
anybody?

dakshinasd
November 3rd, 2009, 12:25 PM
anybody?

Mine too. I upgraded from 9.04 (custom version) to 9.10 using alternate cd. After rebooting, My DVD writer does not mounting when DVD/CD inserted. I'm a NewB. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? BTW I switched back to 9.04:(

drhiii
November 3rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
Same here. My CD/DVD is not reading or writing after upgrade either.

Also FSTAB failed to read my / and swap. Of four machine that were upgraded, first one worked, so I went ahead and did three more which all had problem.

Looks like 9.10 has not been so good these first few days.

Mine too. I upgraded from 9.04 (custom version) to 9.10 using alternate cd. After rebooting, My DVD writer does not mounting when DVD/CD inserted. I'm a NewB. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? BTW I switched back to 9.04:(

b.jonkers
November 3rd, 2009, 11:23 PM
i dont know how much of a fluke it was but i put a cd in at the login screen and it didnt eject it.

So i logged in and there it was mounted and playable. So i ejected it and threw another one in and it is all working now.

Still have issues with the charging though.