PDA

View Full Version : Do you surf the web while watching tv?

mamamia88
November 2nd, 2009, 03:49 AM
and can you pay attention to both at same time? i find myself surfing while watching tv but then getting lost in the web and not paying any attention to the tv. what about you guys?

|Mitch|
November 2nd, 2009, 04:33 AM
About the only thing I ever watch on TV any more is movies/sports. I get on the computer only whenever I'm watching sports, I usually have ESPN360 on it's on tab so I don't miss much if any of the games.

And I DVR just about everything anyway, just in case.

JDShu
November 2nd, 2009, 05:29 AM
When I watch sports, I use my computer while the commercials are on.

sledge73
November 2nd, 2009, 07:15 AM
I can multi-task

lovinglinux
November 2nd, 2009, 07:30 PM
Since most TV hows these days are re-runs, I do watch them while surfing. But if it is a new episode of a series that I like, then I go fullscreen.

Giant Speck
November 2nd, 2009, 07:34 PM
For me, in the rare instances I actually do watch television, I'm watching television while I'm surfing the web and not the other way around.

xuCGC002
November 2nd, 2009, 07:36 PM
I watch TV on my computer, as I don't own an antenna, satellite, or cable subscribtion. So technically, yes.

mivo
November 2nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
Haven't watched TV in years, but buy/watch movies and some series collections.

RiceMonster
November 2nd, 2009, 07:43 PM
Yeah. Often I IM or browse the web while watching TV.

BinaryFeast
November 2nd, 2009, 07:53 PM
Nope, but I don't even have a TV. And I don't need one anymore either.

spupy
November 2nd, 2009, 07:53 PM
I don't watch TV at all. But I like to listen to music while browsing.

shaunsmith_99
November 2nd, 2009, 08:02 PM
and can you pay attention to both at same time? i find myself surfing while watching tv but then getting lost in the web and not paying any attention to the tv. what about you guys?

Oh yeah man, I Love to plob down with my laptop and watch a movie while cruizing the web or working on some homework. However, right now My wife and I don't have cable TV (Cable is REALLY expensive...I'm not going to pay $40/month for the 'limited' package...)

lukjad
November 2nd, 2009, 08:14 PM
No TV.

lisati
November 2nd, 2009, 08:15 PM
Try watching TV, dealing with email and talking to your significant other all at the same time!

johnboy1313
November 2nd, 2009, 08:21 PM
depends on what im watching if i pay attention to both, usually i dont pay to much attention to the tv not because i cant but because i dont usually care to much. if a hockey game is on then i pay attention to both

johnboy1313
November 2nd, 2009, 08:21 PM
or if dexter is on, i pay attention to dexter too

CherylMPaine
November 2nd, 2009, 08:38 PM
Usually the TV is always on either The Discovery Channel, The History Channel, or The Military Channel. Mainly for background noise. But I do like listening to Mike Rowe while he's doing his latest Dirty Job.

hessiess
November 2nd, 2009, 08:55 PM
No, but there is never anything worth watching on TV anyway.

t0p
November 2nd, 2009, 09:01 PM
Yes. If the content on TV is good, I give more attention to TV. If the content on the internet is good, I give more attention to the internet. If they are both good, I use one eyeball each. :p

BlazeFire247
November 2nd, 2009, 09:01 PM
If we had a TV in the room where the computer is I definately would ;)

plurworldinc
November 2nd, 2009, 09:23 PM
My wife and I have found it be a part of our daily life to surf the web while watching TV. There is nothing better then a nice quite evening with the wife and kids then everyone a family moment in front of the old tube with laptops and netbooks in hand chatting away.:popcorn: