PDA

View Full Version : Something strange happening... (indicator-applet and notfy-osd not working)

Keyper7
November 2nd, 2009, 02:39 AM
I'm testing Karmic with VirtualBox (clean install + latest updates) and ever since yesterday something very strange started to happen: both the indicator-applet and notify-osd stopped working for the three apps that use the indicator-applet: Gwibber, Evolution and Empathy. Other than updates, I don't remember changing anything. In fact, this is quite a bare-bones install.

Could someone running the latest Karmic tell me if experiencing something similar? I'm interested if:

Evolution:
- are you receiving notification bubbles of new email?
- is the icon in indicator-applet changing when you receive new emails?
- is the new mail counter in indicator-applet updating when you receive new emails?

Gwibber:
- are you receiving notification bubbles of new tweets?
- is the icon in indicator-applet changing when you receive new tweets?
- is the respective usernames being listed in indicator-applet when you receive new tweets?

Empathy:
- are you receiving notification bubbles of new messages?
- is the icon in indicator-applet changing when you receive new messages?
- is the respective usernames being listed in indicator-applet when you receive new messages?

Obviously, I'm only interested in replies of people who kept the configurations of integration with indicators and notifications.

PS: notify-osd seems to be working perfectly with other things such as volume changes and finished downloads in firefox