PDA

View Full Version : Pushing "Good" stuff

Jestersage
November 2nd, 2009, 12:18 AM
So as we all know, Ubuntu, though good, does require changing of habit, and the current philosophy of Linux adaptation is mainly "If you do not want to change, stick with Windows/Mac, since it's not everyone."

Somehow, I also saw that this is related to some of the world's famous... philosophy, that is also equally good. However, I also see that many of these philosophy also stated that with the fact that such philosophy is good, it is a duty/requirement for the followers of the philosophy(s) to make other people accept it, and say that they are for everyone– while criticize/lambast those who is not willing to change their way of living to conform to the "good" philosophy.

For me, this is a big concern, because being a Ubuntu user and follower of these numerous philosophies, it start to make me think that: If something is good, what do I need to do to promote it, and when is no longer "promotion" and more of a forcing down the throat – and whether "forcing it down" is good in the long run.

Thoughts?

jmszr
November 2nd, 2009, 12:34 AM
Jestersage,

This thread might be of interest to you:http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=865750