PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Time display bug - reporting

patman0623
November 1st, 2009, 10:14 PM
Can someone let me know how to report a time display bug on the new graphical interface for Ubuntu? Please see attached image. I cannot even figure out what program it is to file the bug at launchpad.net

My time display is currently stuck at 4:01PM.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f268/patman0623/badtime.png

patman0623
November 2nd, 2009, 01:04 AM
Correction: not kubuntu, standard ubuntu 9.10.

Fr33d0m
November 2nd, 2009, 03:01 AM
Good question. Id say Gnome Clock Applet, but I am not sure since time is set in System-Administration-Time and Date with time-admin. I have the same issue and it doesn't matter if I use NTP or manual, or where I set the time. The time is correct if I open a terminal and use date, if I go into time-admin, if I right-click on Gnome Clock Applet and choose Preferences or if I left click and view the time for my locale, all show the correct time. Only the time displayed on the panel is wrong.

That said, my best bet is Gnome Clock Applet. I'm still looking just in case someone else has solved it though.

Fr33d0m
November 2nd, 2009, 03:46 PM
Just realized you are using KDE--sorry.

Or not.

If your time is stuck in the panel, but not elsewhere (open the terminal and type date) then go with the applet I mentioned above. If you are using NTP then try a new server.

Fr33d0m
November 2nd, 2009, 06:55 PM
This might be a bug in NTP. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/459463

Check out the screenshot he attached and note the commands he is using to trouble shoot.

patman0623
November 3rd, 2009, 12:11 AM
No, not the same bug. Unfortunately, bug not replicating, so I can't re-report. :(

andrewabc
November 3rd, 2009, 03:32 AM
See if you can edit your first post and change kubuntu to ubuntu.

patman0623
November 3rd, 2009, 04:24 AM
See if you can edit your first post and change kubuntu to ubuntu.No, unless I'm missing something.

andrewabc
November 3rd, 2009, 04:31 AM
No, unless I'm missing something.

Go advanced.

Really sucks if it can't be changed. :(
Darn forum software.