PDA

View Full Version : I failed LOL

Eagles18
November 1st, 2009, 08:45 PM
Today I did one of the dumbest things anyone can do on Ubuntu.I am a laptop user and I accidentally disabled my touchpad,LOL.I was freaking out until I remembered that I had a mouse in my drawer,otherwise I would have had to reinstall Ubuntu because my enable/disable button doesn't work on Ubuntu.

nowin4me
November 1st, 2009, 09:10 PM
You could of tried to repair it with the LiveCD. The live CD is one of the BEST recovery tools/fixing tools out there!

PhoHammer
November 1st, 2009, 09:11 PM
Today I did one of the dumbest things anyone can do on Ubuntu.I am a laptop user and I accidentally disabled my touchpad,LOL.I was freaking out until I remembered that I had a mouse in my drawer,otherwise I would have had to reinstall Ubuntu because my enable/disable button doesn't work on Ubuntu.

Can't you just tab/shift-tab around until you get to the option? I used to have to do that with an old Windows 95 rig we didn't have a mouse to for some reason.

Metallion
November 1st, 2009, 09:13 PM
Can't you just tab/shift-tab around until you get to the option? I used to have to do that with an old Windows 95 rig we didn't have a mouse to for some reason.

My thoughts exactly. Or I think fixing from the commandline would also be possible.

Eagles18
November 1st, 2009, 09:22 PM
Oh,I think I forgot to mention that I'm a new Ubuntu user.I've only been using it for about 2 months.