PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do I install compiz in Ubuntu 9.10?

biran1229
November 1st, 2009, 05:18 PM
I'm new to ubuntu and can not figure out how to install compiz, and get it to work. So if anyone can help by sending me easy-to-follow instructions it would be great.

Dave33
November 1st, 2009, 05:51 PM
Hi

You should use the search engine.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=809695

or just install compizconfig-settings-manager from synaptic and you can enabe the effects from there.

Dave33

screaminj3sus
November 1st, 2009, 09:43 PM
Compiz is installed by default.... Go to system > Prerferences > Visual effects and select normal or extra and it will be enabled if your video card supports it and has the correct drivers installed.

What video card do you have? If you have a supported video card with the right drivers installed it usually enables compiz automatically.

imwithid
January 22nd, 2010, 11:45 AM
Compiz is installed by default.... Go to system > Prerferences > Visual effects and select normal or extra and it will be enabled if your video card supports it and has the correct drivers installed.

What video card do you have? If you have a supported video card with the right drivers installed it usually enables compiz automatically.

Thank you! I've been wondering why I couldn't zoom into the screen ever since 9.04 (it seems as though the visual effects are now defaulted to "None" rather than "Normal"). I no longer have to lean into the screen! This has been driving me crazy but I hadn't bothered to look it up until now.

Compizhowdoiinstall
June 22nd, 2010, 03:44 AM
C'mon please give me a link to the installer for compiz fusion!!!

steveneddy
June 22nd, 2010, 04:36 AM

Compiz is installed by default.

If your video card will support the effects it will be running.

Right click the desktop, select

Change Desktop Background

Click the

Visual Effects

tab at the top and see which radio button is selected.

If it is on None, you will have no visual effects, so you should try the Normal button and see what happens.

For more control install Compiz Config Settings Manager by opening up a terminal and copy and pasting this into the terminal:

sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

You will find it after installation under

System --> Preferences

I hope this helps.

steveneddy
June 22nd, 2010, 10:35 PM

Another thought Compizhowdoiinstall -

Open up Synaptic Package Manager and simply click in the main window and start typing compiz

it should take you automatically to all of the compiz stuff - just right click and select install - then up top there is a green arrow that says Apply

simply click to apply your choices.

Uninstalling software is just as easy.