PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] MPG and MOV playback issue after Karmic Upgrade

iver2435
November 1st, 2009, 04:28 PM
After upgrading to Karmic, any video I've recorded on my JVC Everio camcorder when played back appears as if there's a blue filter over everything. These videos played back perfectly under Jaunty and still play fine under Windows, which leads me to believe it's just a codec thing.

Does anyone know where I could go to get the latest and greatest codecs to help play these files back "normally". I'm getting ready to head over to Medibuntu's website and see if they have a karmic PPA yet.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, and may the Ubuntu be with you!

EDIT:
OK, an update, I rebooted and then went to open the movies and they were fine. So, I was like: "Problem Solved!", then I fired up Banshee and then went on youtube, etc etc. and then tried to open a movie file again and it was borked again. I guess something I did in between caused the problem, but I haven't figured out what yet.

iver2435
November 4th, 2009, 05:07 AM
bump

pavlosto
November 5th, 2009, 06:23 PM
This is exactly the problem I ran into. I watched a divx movie (AVI) and halfway I realised that all actors had blue lips.

Looking for a solution...

I remember installing non-free codec stuff in the previous version, maybe this has to be reinstalled. I'll look it up...

After upgrading to Karmic, any video I've recorded on my JVC Everio camcorder when played back appears as if there's a blue filter over everything. These videos played back perfectly under Jaunty and still play fine under Windows, which leads me to believe it's just a codec thing.

Does anyone know where I could go to get the latest and greatest codecs to help play these files back "normally". I'm getting ready to head over to Medibuntu's website and see if they have a karmic PPA yet.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, and may the Ubuntu be with you!

EDIT:
OK, an update, I rebooted and then went to open the movies and they were fine. So, I was like: "Problem Solved!", then I fired up Banshee and then went on youtube, etc etc. and then tried to open a movie file again and it was borked again. I guess something I did in between caused the problem, but I haven't figured out what yet.

MikeAzores
November 5th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Hi! I had exactly the same problem...
The solution for my problem I get it here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1309017&highlight=karmic+video+problem+upgrade